Belize Trust Overview
The primary benefit of a Belize trust is that it allows the legal ownership of property to be distinguished and separately vested from the enforceable rights of use and enjoyment of that property. This makes the Belize offshore trust, particularly when established as an exempt trust, an extremely flexible, sophisticated and creative instrument for asset protection, tax, estate and investment planning, and the preservation of confidentiality.
The Belize Trust law, based on the Guernsey Trusts Law of 1989 but with various modifications and innovations, is one of the strongest and most flexible asset protection trust legislation in the world.
Other benefits of the Belize Trust include:
- No legal requirements to audit Belize trust accounts
- A Belize trust and its trust property is exempt from income and business tax, estate, inheritance, succession or gift tax and all instruments relating to the trust property or to transaction carried out by the trustee on behalf of the trust shall be exempt from stamp duty.
- Trustees of a Belize trust shall be regarded as a non-resident of Belize and shall be exempt from exchange control with regard to the trust property and to all transactions carried out by the trustee on behalf of the trust.
- The Belize trust is extremely flexible and can accommodate numerous asset protection clauses.
- Typically discretionary trusts. Such trusts may also provide for automatic successor trustee and protector provisions.
- The Belize trust laws also permit the establishment of private trust companies.
Contact us about establishing a Belize offshore trust today. Click here for at list of our
Belize trust formation fees.